Monday, August 11, 2008

Postcards from the Edge

Okay, well maybe I have fallen off the edge of the world. Gina and I have landed in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and are in the midst of a month-long Ango (Buddhist retreat, literally means "peaceful dwelling") at Upaya Zen Center.

I am half in and half out of the Ango, which is why I'm still able to go online. If I were doing it hardcore, like Gina and everybody else here, the computer and phone would be off limits. It's a good way to clear the mind and heart, and I'm getting a contact high just being around the folks who are doing the whole program.

Meanwhile, some photos from our road trip that took us from Monterey to Santa Fe:

Big 'ol elephant seals, just north of Hearst Castle


Gina in front of her pool (well, it really belonged to William Hearst)

The road-trippers near Jerome, Arizona

Goodbye Pacific Ocean, hello Southwest (Sedona, AZ)

No comments: