Sunday, December 14, 2008

My donkey!


Oh yeah, and I forgot to add one more important thing to my catching-up list -- I now own a donkey!!! Well, more to the point, someone owns a donkey in my name. Thanks to my friend Ellen, Oxfam has supplied a donkey in my name to someone who can really use it. As it says on the Oxfam site: "Your gift of a donkey to a family is invaluable. The usefulness of these affectionate but stubborn creatures cannot be overestimated. They can carry heavy loads over long distances, transport people with limited mobility, and fetch firewood. Talk about an ass-et!"

This is a way cool gift idea... to find out more about giving a donkey (or a goat, or school supplies, or many many other useful things) to a family/community in need, see Oxfam's website.

No comments: